In this 2-day course, you’ll gain an understanding of the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Attending this course prepares you to take the SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master exam in order to receive the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification.
Date: Wednesday June 7 – Thursday, June 8, 2017
Time: 9:00 – 17:00
The course is taught in English
Price: 10,900 DKK/Early Bird 9,900 DKK (ex. VAT) Please note that the vat will be added to the price above.
Last date for Early Bird: April 27, 2017
Sankt Gertruds Stræde 5, 3. sal
1129 København K.
Please contact us:
If you want to sign up 3 or more persons at the same time, or if you want to be charged by invoice email@example.com.
Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master course explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares you to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of scaled Agile development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute iteration planning. You’ll also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through SAFe. The SSM certification signifies that you are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing your value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
- Identify the key components of Agile development
- Identify the key elements of Scrum
- Explore Scrum in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the Scrum Master
- Identify the characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
- Experience PI planning and explore how to facilitate this event
- Experience a complete iteration
- Explore how to facilitate iteration planning, backlog refinement, team and system demos, and the iteration retrospective
- Identify ways to track iteration progress and foster collaboration and synchronization between the teams in the program
- Explore improvement at the Program level with the Inspect and Adapt workshop
- Identify the characteristics of a servant leader
- Experience coaching with powerful questions
- Identify ways to facilitate better meetings, foster team member collaboration, and manage conflicts
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Intended for people new to the role of the Scrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it fits in a SAFe enterprise, attendees typically include:
- New or existing Scrum Masters
- Team Leads
- Release Train Engineers
BY THE END OF THIS COURSE ATENDEES WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Perform the role of the Scrum Master in SAFe
- Facilitate Iteration Planning and effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Build high performing teams by becoming a servant leader and coach.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. All stakeholders working in a Lean-Agile environment or transformation are welcome to attend.
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE
- Two days of high quality instruction from a Scaled Agile accredited SPC trainer
- Printed workbooks
- Course certificate
- Eligibility to take the SAFe 4.0 Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam
Agile leadership coach and SAFe consultant, Partner in BestBrains.
Bent Jensen is a pioneer in applying agile methods in Denmark and has been leading agile teams since 2000. For the last 10 years Bent has been coaching and mentoring leaders and organizations to achieve the benefits of lean and agile thinking and methods, with clients in Denmark and internationally. He have assisted a large number and companies with transformation programmes, and supported Enterprises in their transformation to an Agile and Lean approach. Bent has always been focused on the intersect between self-organization and management, between efficient development and innovation and how to push the methods to their limits.
"The course provides a highly relevant introduction to SAFe, as a tangible and flexible framework for enterprise organizations seeking to use the principles of Lean and Agile to get more value out of IT developments.”
Allan Lundgaard Hamilton, Visma Consulting A/S
"Bent's knowledge and experience in Lean and Agile is excellent and he is a kind and patient man who seems to be truly passionate about teaching. It is always a pleasure to learn from Bent, both through courses and another contexts. “
Kenneth Lund, Knowledge Cube A/S
Date and time:
Wednesday June 7, 9:00-17:00 – Thursday, June 8, 2017, 9:00 - 16:30.
Both days we will be serving a light breakfast from 8:30 AM.
The course will be taught in English.
10,900 DKK. (Early Bird Special: 9,900 DKK until April 27. 2017).
The price includes both days, SSM-Certification, course materials, breakfast, lunch, fruit and coffee, tea etc.
The workshop will be held in BestBrains' cosy premises in the heart of Copenhagen:
Sankt Gertruds Stræde 5, 3. sal
1129 København K.
Have questions about SAFe® 4.0 Scrum Master®
– SSM Certification?
Please feel free to contact us if you need help or assistance with accommodation.
If you're interested in this class, you may also like: